Tuesday, May 5, 2015

DIOR | Nude Air Foundation Review

I feel like every time a new makeup product is launched, its always marketed as a ground breaking brand new innovative product that will change our lives, but then when you actually try it its like yeah its a foundation how much more could you possibly improve it? That's exactly how I felt the first time I read about the Dior Nude Air foundation and the wonders it can do for you and to be honest I just brushed it off and totally forgot about it. That is until Jaclyn Hill started raving about how amazing it was and then I needed to have it in my life at any cost. I've tried so many foundations and just didn't find the one that ticked all the right boxes and that I could wear every day, that was until Nude Air entered my life and has taken its place right at the top of my holy grail products.


Nude Air is a oxygenated foundation and even the powder and bronzing powder is designed to allow the skin to breath and look more natural. Nude Air is talc-free and made with oils that evaporate quick leaving a undetectable film of makeup on the skin. The formula enriched with a soft-focus agent and glazed pigmentation produces an even complexion leaving the skin with a sheer radiant even toned natural glow. The Oxygen active technology combined with the hyper oxygenated oil, cranberry oil, vitamins and minerals revitalizes the skin while still allowing it to breath and become more naturally beautiful.


Getting complimented on having really nice makeup on is great its means your doing a good job at applying it but getting complimented on having really nice skin is even better it means your makeup is doing a better job at looking natural. This is where Dior Nude Air Foundation backs up its claims for being like a second skin. This foundation gives sheer to medium coverage so if you have problem areas you will definitely need some extra coverage for that. I prefer medium coverage foundation because it means what ever freckles or imperfections I have will still somewhat show through which for me just feels more natural. I prefer just minimizing these imperfections because lets face it I don't have perfect skin and on days that I am just to lazy and opt for no makeup people wont be shocked to see a whole new me. This foundation dries to a velvety matte which I am obsessed with, it makes your skin feel so soft once applied. I have tried setting this with a powder but find wearing it on its own helped it keep that natural look and also wore better and longer on my skin. This foundation is perfect for oily skin, with my other foundations if I don't set it with a powder by mid day most of it will have vanished and my T-zone will look oily but with this foundation my oil only starts showing around the 5 to 6 hour mark but around 10 to 12 hours it just looks like I have a natural glow and my foundation is still perfectly in place.


I have to say when I first saw the packaging online I was a little confused and the dropper just didn't make any sense what so ever to me. The shape of the glass bottle and the silver lid however just looked so luxurious and appealing that I didn't really mind. Once I tested the foundation though the dropper made a whole world of sense because the consistency of this foundation is really watery and the dropper allows you to pick up and dispense the precise amount of product. I use such a little to cover my whole face and neck that I can see the foundation lasting me for quite some time so honestly the R695,00 price tag is very justifiable for me. Dior has designed and wants you to apply this foundation with your hand and I can understand why. A brush or sponge sucks up way to much product and your hand allows for a more precise and even application with out any wastage, so I just drop a few drops on the back of my hand and then apply with my fingers from there. The only complaint I have is that there is only about 8 shades to choose from so finding a match was some what tricky. I honestly don't think I have the right shade but luckily for me I have naturally tanned skin so the shade I picked was the closest and  is easy to pull off. If you have dry skin however I think you will have to find ways to make this foundation work a little better for you. When I tried a lighter shade the foundation clung to every dry spot that I had and accentuated it more but when I took a darker shade it blended into my skin better and didn't make any dry patches visible.


The closest comparison I have to this foundation would be MAC Face and Body, it has the same watery consistency but the Dior dries matte and does not need to be set with a powder. The MAC is said to be waterproof but it doesn't last all day on me, the Dior lasts till I remove it at night. Nude Air also offers allot more coverage than the MAC. Nude air is allot more expensive but the quality and lasting power is much better.

Have you tried the Dior Nude Air yet? Let me know what you think in the comments below.


1 comment:

  1. I think your Dior collections is overtaking mine :P This foundation does sound great. PS. Loving the new glitter background XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)