Tuesday, May 27, 2014

MAC Lustre Lipstick in Syrup

I don't own a single nude lipstick and this seriously bugs me, Its not that I cant wear a nude shade its more I have a warm complexion and I need to find the perfect shade that suits my skin tone. So believe me when I say buying a lipstick is one of the most tedious jobs, and it takes a lot of testing and error for me to actually like one and come home with it.


I present to you Syrup which is part of MAC's Lustre Lipstick line, which has become one of my HG lipsticks. MAC describes syrup as a cloudy pink, which isn't far off because I would have described it as a dusty rose. Syrup is a gorgeous mauve pink with purple undertones and a really glossy finish, its really creamy and applies really smoothly even on dry lips and I haven't found that it accentuates dryness at all or that it settles in creases. I have a warm skin tone and it goes perfectly with it, I wouldn't call this nude because its not but it does a really good job of adding color to your lips but still having a really natural look. I have pink undertones in my lips and this does a good job of just darkening the natural color I already have.


The lipstick comes in the oh so familiar black and silver bullet style tube with its tight fitting lid which I absolutely love. Syrup is a semi sheer lipstick but is very build able with just a few sweeps. It is very hydrating, smooth and creamy but light and none sticky which makes it one of my top lipsticks. It has a lasting power of around 2 to 3 hours so for those of you that like longer last lipsticks it probably would be a bit annoying but I don't mind to reapply every now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :)