Monday, March 9, 2015

I've Been Nominated For A Liebster Award

I just want to thank Nisa from Belle BluSHH for nominating me for a Liebster Award, if you don't know what this is you can read all about the rules and information here. Thank you again Nisa for shining some love on my blog.



Here are the questions Nisa had for me:

1.  How did you discover the world of beauty and what fascinates you most about it?
Ive pretty much always been into beauty but I grew up with two older brothers and makeup was just not something that was important. I had a small makeup collection but I never used any of it until a few years ago when it became more of a hobby and learning how everything works and what they do helped me want to discover more and more. Now unfortunately its become some what of an obsession!

2.  What is your ultimate favourite makeup/skincare brand and why?
I think this will probably come as no surprise to hear that my all time favourite brand is Chanel. There is something about the black and white packaging that is so obsessive and gorgeous and the fact that both the packaging and product inside is equally luxurious that always gets me. Chanel is one thing I never feel guilty splurging on. 

3.  Who is your celebrity crush?
International - Gabriel Macht AKA Harvey Specter that smile and that dimples and not to mention that damn hair gets me every time. Local - Jonathan Boyton Lee, there is something about a unshaved guy with tattoos. And have you seen this guy with out a shirt on do I even have to say more??

4.  If you could only paint your nails the same colour for the rest of your life, what colour would you choose. 
Black today, black tomorrow, black forever! If I was a colour I would be black it matches my heart.

5.  What is the most helpful tip you've ever received with regards to your blog?
I have met some amazing bloggers along the way and I get some amazing advice from them on a daily basis but the best I have ever received is to be myself. Its easy to loose yourself and blend in but what makes you stand out is being yourself. We weren't born a copy we are not meant to blend in. 

6.  What is your favourite scent for a candle?
I am actually not a candle person I have plenty of them in my house but I never tend to burn them. If I had to choose a cent though I would go for vanilla and cinnamon or musk do you even get musk candles??

7.  What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you relating to beauty?
At first I thought I didn't have any but I actually do! I dyed my hair two tone once, platinum blond at the top and jet black at the bottom, I actually sported it for about a year. Just before I needed to attend a wedding I decided to freshen up the black and touch up my blond roots. They did not have my usual black so I had to take another brand I did not know. I dyed it and when I rinsed it all out the black stained the blond and the top went a bright neon BLUE! This would have been ok if it happened now you know that Kylie Jenner has made blue awesome but back then it was not. Also to top it off I had to take public transport to get to a hair dresser to beg them to help me fix it. Lesson learn right haha

8.  Name 3 high-end products you regret buying and why?
I know the Chanel Gods are going to curse me for this but I will have to say the Le Blanc illuminating base primer that thing just does nothing for me. Also the MAC blot pressed powder, it doesn't set or blot much unfortunately. And lastly the YSL Rouge Volute shine lipstick, which is honestly nothing more than a tinted lip balm. 

9.  Who is your favourite blogger and why?
Even though all these bloggers are Youtube beauty bloggers I am totally obsessed with Jaclyn Hill, I watch her videos over and over she is absolutely amazing at doing makeup. She is closely followed by Nicole Guerriero, Lusterlux and Coffee break with Dani.

10. What is your best feature?
I would have to say my eyes, I love my eyes. They are green but tend to change colour with my mood. Also I have full long lashes which I am so thankful for. 

11. What do you value most in life?
My family and friends, beauty fades and fashion comes and goes. People change and walk in and out of your life on a daily basis but family is what remains. And yes I regard my closest friends as family!

Now I know I am supposed to tag or nominate a few other bloggers but Ill have to break the rules a little. If you want to do the tag then tag your it, anyone is welcome please send me a link and I would love to read your answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :)