Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Nude

The liquified long wear lipstick formula from Too Faced is part of their permanent collection, which is a good thing for us forgotten folk over hear in South Africa because it means that we would actually have a chance at getting our hands on it. I remember when pictures were released on instagram I could not wait to get my hands on one and I was so happy that months later I finally did. 



The Too Faced melted lipstick has the shine of a gloss, lasting power of a stain and the intense pigmentation of a lipstick. It has a really creamy none sticky consistency, it is neither runny or watery in fact is pretty thick when you squeeze it through the tube applicator. It has a angled sponge applicator that allows for precise even application.



I did not find that this lipstick was much of a gloss, it had the creamy consistency of a gloss but did not have the stickiness or glossy shine like a gloss. I found that it was more like MACs satin lipstick formula, it applied creamy with a slight shine that after a bit of wear turned into a matte formula. It doesn't set completely so there is transfer but it did fade pretty evenly with out any patches. It didn't dry out my lips or leave them feeling moisturised but through out the wear had a comfortable lipstick formula feel. 



These lipsticks are insanely pigmented, it was way more than I expected. A single application lasted around two to three hours on me and through out held its intensity which was very impressing. The melted nude has very prominent brown undertones which I love because it wasn't harsh on me and didn't have that white beige look. Once dried matte it doesn't look as bright but more subtle. I wish I could get my hands on the rest of the shades now. 

I purchased this through Ulta for $21 before tax


2 comments:

  1. I am such a sucker for a nude lipgloss. I already have too many but now I need this one too!

    XoXo One Stiletto At A Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not a nude person but its become an obsession to find the perfect nude!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)