Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Getting My Style On At Style Bar


Putting my huge fear of cutting my hair aside, I decided to take Style bar up on their offer to have my hair styled. I feel so sorry for the poor stylist who had to put up with me but she was more than understanding and honestly made me feel so comfortable and confident that she was listening to me and understanding what I DIDNT want and was more than willing to give me some good advice. I walked in with explicit instructions that she was not allowed at the back of my hair with a scissors in her hand, no seriously I told her about 5 times that she would die if she even brought it up hahaha


From the time I walked in I had nothing but amazing service from everyone. I was offered the nicest cuppachino and then my consultation started. I initially went in wanting a whole new make over, I wanted to lighten my hair much more for summer and style my fringe again. I have naturally dark hair but for the last 4 or so years I have been dying it a shade darker. So unfortunately with all the build up even after almost 30 minutes my hair colour was not budging (why doesn't it stick like that when you actually want it to stay??). I then decided to just add some sun kissed streaks to my fringe and style it. I was told that if I wanted to lighten it it would take a couple of sittings so lets see how it goes. I then got the most amazing wash and head massage that actually almost put me to sleep to be honest haha I then had my fringe styled and my hair blown out, left with my hair feeling so light and bouncy.




I love how the salon looks inside they have such a modern minimalistic feel with the prettiest decor. Everytime I see their drawer units where all the stylists store their equipment I can't help lusting after them because they remind me so much of the iconic Alex 9 drawer IKEA units that every overseas beauty blogger owns (swoon)! I always have such amazing service when I go there I cannot recommend them more! They have branches in Constantia, Tygervalley, stellenbosch, Cape Gate, Palmyra, Pinehurst and De Ville. 

You can follow style bar on twitter here @stylebarsa

All products that are use on you can either be bought at the Salon or through the Retail box website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :)