Tuesday, September 29, 2015

LUSH | Angels On Bare Skin | Face & Body Cleanser

My skin does not discriminate when it comes to facial cleansers! I have a R30,00 cleanser from Sorbet and a R600,00 cleanser from Chanel, both make my skin look like a 13 year old teenager going through puberty. If you have at any point experience those big painful bumps when you use something new or that doesn't agree with your skin then you will know exactly how I feel. When I find something that I think works I will not try or touch another because I am just to scared of the reaction I could potentially have. 


Quite some time ago a friend of mine gifted me a little tub of the Lush Angels on Bare skin face and body cleanser. I put it in my drawer and forgot about it because for me (I'm guessing this was the same for her that's why she passed it on) it was just to intimidating. It had little pieces of what I can only describe as twigs in it and was so messy that I just didn't know how or where to use it. That was until a couple of months ago when my skin broke out everywhere even in my neck, I got so depressed that I stopped using everything I currently was using even my moisturizers and makeup to try and find the cause of the problem. It lasted about 3 or 4 months until I decided I had had enough and took a completely different approach. I started drinking fruit infused water to detox my system and started seeing results right away, I then started looking for a natural face wash that did not contain any harsh chemicals because I just wanted a different approach to solving the problem. After some research I came across the Angels on bare skin which people were absolutely obsessed with and decided that I needed it in my life, only to find out that I had already had it for the past few months (shame on me for not using something before I bought more haha). I haven't put it down since then. 


Some of the ingredients in Angels on Bare skin are ground almonds, lavender oil, rose absolute, chamomile blue oil and lavender flowers. The Rose oil acts as a toner while the lavender oil smooths out the surface of the skin. The scent is very natural to me like a wet forest smell, you pick up allot of the ground up flowers and fresh lavender but not in a "I want to bath myself it in" kind of way more like your in a all natural chemist kinda way. It is not totally unpleasant though or over whelming and once you add water you don't even smell it that much any more. All the ingredients are natural thus cutting down the shelf life of this product making it impossible to stock up on. A 100g tub sells for R145,00 and because you only use a pea or two size pinch at a time it lasts about 3 months. It does not remove makeup and I do use a makeup remover before I cleans my face with it. It does however mildly exfoliate the skin and help bring out the natural glow. It helped control the surface break outs I experienced and reduce the inflammation of the severe acne I had and softened the redness I would experience from them while controlling additional ones from forming. I found it best to use in the shower because it really does create quite a mess. You need to take a pinch in your hand with some water and create a paste, then use it like any other cleanser in circular motions on your skin and rinse off. 


Lush website: Angelic, medieval cleansing wash with rose and lavender. Angels on Bare Skin is the Lush version of an expensive medieval skincare recipe. Rare, precious essential oils were first brought to Europe by the crusaders who encountered Arabian medicine. The church immediately banned them because their ability to alter states of mind was considered the devils work! But the final result was Cosmetics 1, Church 0. Rose oil and Lavender oil were discovered to do wonderful things for the skin, too. Almost a thousand years later, you'd be hard pressed to find a better all round cleanser and exfoliator than Angels.

Some of you might be asking though how I know it is this that helped with my break outs but I know it did. I ran out about a week ago and started using of my old ones again and I immediately started breaking out. I went and repurchased this right away and now its calming down again. So yes I would highly recommend you give this cleanser a try it has become my holy grail!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :)