Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Our Amazing Holiday in Knysna

I know I've been MIA for the past two weeks or so, so I thought I'd share where I was and what I did. After working through the festive season we felt like we were in desperate need of a break, so we decided to make the most of our two weeks off. We decided to go up to Knysna just Gavin and I and spend some quality time together. I must say though that our quality time turned into one amazing holiday and I am honestly so sad to see it go! 

On our way up to Knysna we stop in Mosselbay where we got to walk with the Lions at Zorgfontein. A couple of years ago I walked with Elephants in Plett which is equally as amazing because we got to interact with and touch the elephants. The lions on the other hand were around 4 or 5 years old, we were allowed to walk with them and pose with them for photos but touching was not allowed because they were over the age that interaction will still be safe for us. It was still pretty amazing to walk with these magnificent creatures!





Always time for a lion selfie!!


Yeah I had to make myself at home I was spending a week there after all!



The fun part about going to holiday resorts at this time of the year means allot of the time we had the pools and stuff to ourselves!

One of the most fun and most exciting things we did was bungee off  Bloukrans bridge, which if you did not know is the wolds highest commercial bungee bridge. The bridge is 216 meters (709 feet) above the Bloukrans River.













We also made the cutest little friend that would not leave.


Being on holiday was honestly so much work just look!



We also did the Tsitsikamma Canopy tours which is in the Eastern Cape. The canopy tours is 36 meters above the ground and you zip line from tree to tree across ten platforms. This might sound really fun and it was but on the day we got there it decided to start poring with rain as we suited up. And I'm guessing this sounds fine if you've been there because you will know the trees block most of the rain but the cables got wet which meant we could not slow ourselves down!




Spent the last day of our leave by the pool!


Also you would think when we came home we would spend the last few days relaxing? NO! I decided to do a room makeover!




1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment :)