Tuesday, April 22, 2014

MAC A Fantasy of Flowers Mineralize Blush in Petal Power

MAC released two limited edition blushes as part of the Fantasy of Flowers collections for Spring (released here in SA at the end of Summer, yep not the best timing there MAC). Azaleas in the Afternoon part of the pink collection, which is a light powdery frosted pink and I think more for the pale girls. And then Petal power part of the green collection, I'm guessing is more for the medium to dark skin types because this blush has insane pigmentation. Allot of people are describing Petal power as a dupe for the Nars orgasm blush but I honestly cannot give my opinion here because I haven't even laid my eyes on that coveted blush yet.


That being said the first comparison that came to mind when I saw this blush was that it is very similar if not the exact dupe for Chanel's blush in Reflex. But after using it for a couple of weeks now I can honestly say that they are not dupes for each other and in fact are two separate blushes all on their own, both of which I believe every girl should own.


MAC describes this mineralized blush as a coral pink with gold shimmer. Now the first thing I want to point out is that this blush is insanely pigmented. It is a bright warm coral with warm orange and pink undertones and a golden frosted finish. Again I would like to point out that the golden sheen is also very prominent and does emphasize your pores somewhat. This blush has amazing color pay off and maybe its cause I have medium skin but I didn't experience any of the powdery effect that allot complained about. These are baked blushes and even with one or two sweeps across the compact gave ridiculous payoff, so the art of blending comes into play here. Like all their blushes it comes in a round black plastic container with a clear lid so the product is visible even while closed. I didn't think I would love this blush as much as I do, in fact I love it more than my Chanel (GASPS) but the Chanel has more of a glittery sparkle rather than a sheen and this is what I love. I love the warm coral color and also that the golden sheen acts as a highlighter as well so its like using two products at once which is always a bonus for me. It is really easy to both blend and build and lasted around 4 to 5 hours on my combination skin.


MAC has a winner here, my new all time favourite aside from my Chanel Christmas blush of course! You can pick this up for R245 at counters that still have stock, because this sold out in hours when it launched.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :)