Friday, April 4, 2014

MAC Fix Plus Spray

The fix+ spray has had really mixed reviews from bloggers, the only two conclusions I could find were people either absolutely loved it or they hated everything about it. So the only conclusion I could come up with is to try it out for myself. I think one of the major problems is that people don't quite understand what it is and what it's actually supposed to be used for. Allot of people seem to think that it's a setting spray that's supposed to make your makeup last longer but in actual fact it's just a misting spray that is supposed to take away the powder effect and mattify and blend your makeup. I would blame the confusion on the lack of training that the MAC girls have because even when trying to sell it to me it was described as a setting spray and a makeup pro longer.

"A soothing moisture mist that refreshes the skin and finishes makeup. Hold bottle 12"away from face and spray evenly. Use before or after makeup."

I've been using it for the past couple of weeks and I have to say I absolutely love it, I think this will probably be on my repurchase this for some time to come. I don't really wear a full face of makeup but I do find that some of my highlighters and blushes even the bronzers do have a tendency to look powdery and also although some products apply and blend pretty well when adding allot together blending them seamlessly can be some what of a tedious job and I find a few sprays of this mist blends it perfectly and melts it into you skin leaving you with a dewy luminous look. If you ask me this does some what work as a setting spray and has added a few extra hours of wear to my makeup so I do get why it is described as this but if your buying it purely for this then it's not the product your looking for.

"An aqua spritz of vitamin and minerals infused with calm the skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh natural, energizing scent of sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray on skin drinks it up"

The first thing that caught my attention was the scent its a really strong fresh scent but it isn't over powering and fades away really quickly. The design of the nozzle allows for a really even application you only need two or three sprays to cover your whole face. The nozzle sprays out in a really fin mist so you don't have to worry about it destroying your freshly painted face with big drops. The nozzle also twists to lock it so traveling with it is much easier and you don't have to worry about it leaking. It comes in a 100ml bottle for R210 and I do believe there are travel size bottles available.

Uses for Fix+ 
As a prep or finishing spray - it can be used before you apply foundation or primers as a skin hydrater or after as a blender and finisher. 
To dilute and thin out thick or waxy foundations and creams. 
Spray on your eyeshadow brush to apply baked or loose pigmented eyeshadow.
Spritz on your face with or with out makeup as a refresher on hot days (you can also put it in the fridge on hot days to add a cooler spritz to your face) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :)