Monday, August 18, 2014

E.L.F Golden Bronzer - Review

When I finally got to go to Target for myself! (I live in South Africa and we do not have this luxury here, I had to take advantage on my recent trip to Los Angeles) One of the brands I was most excited about was ELF. I picked up a few things that was on my list and the Golden Bronzer was one of them. As much as I now love this product when I opened it I was totally disappointed. Let me explain, on the ELF and Target website this product is listed as a bronzer one of the only reason I picked it up, but this is the furthest thing from a bronzer ever. Honestly this leans more toward being an illuminator and that's what I have been using it as. If they marketed it as an illuminator I would fully understand and I would still love it but the fact that it is supposed to be a bronzer and was not what I bought has me a little bummed out. On the upside however it has become one of my go to highlighters and I find myself reaching for it on a daily basis. So from now on its referred to as a golden highlighter and not a bronzer



What Elf Says: Create a healthy looking glow all year round! The sheer soft powders provide the perfect hue of color. Blend all 4 colors together to achieve a blend of perfection or choose your favorite color or colors to mix, match and blend. 


There are 3 shades available:
Warm Bronzer: The warm shimmer that will bring a glow to your face. Ideal for summer or year-round.
Cool Bronzer: The ideal selection of matte colors to achieve a natural looking tan. Ideal for winter or year-round.
Golden Bronzer: An illuminating shimmer that is subtle and radiant. Ideal for summer or year-round.



I went with the Golden bronzer because I have somewhat of a natural tan all year round and I thought this would be a better fit to just brighten what was already there. Unfortunately this highlighter does not bring out any natural highlight, its exactly what it says a really golden color so if your going for a tanned golden look then this highlighter will work perfect for that. I apply it along my cheek bone, done the ridge on my nose and on my cupids bow and it does an amazing job of reflecting the light in those areas. When I say its more on the golden side what I mean is that it leans more toward a golden sheen its not shimmery at all and does help to give a more natural golden highlight. I love this as a everyday highlighter to help maintain the natural golden tanned look.



It comes in a black plastic compact like most of the Elf products and has a fairly large mirror on the inside which is always handy. I picked this up at Target for $3 before tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :)