Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Guest Post: Valentines Day Nails - Ordinary Mis Fit

I am really excited about today's post! A nail polish guru and a fabulous lady I have openly admitted to stalking on all media platforms has agreed to put together a valentines day nail post for me. I hate how she makes all these posts and tutorials look stupid easy but I lust over every pic she posts. When I grow up one day I want to be just like her ;-) 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Hi lovelies,

I am so excited to do a guest post on one of my favourite blogs and for such a stunning lady.  Thank you so much for having me, it is a real treat!

While chatting to Alice about this I could gather that pink and leopard print was a definite must.  I decided to do something that was really easy to recreate as well as a little tutorial so that you too can do this.



I  decided to use China Glaze – You drive me coconuts for the pink and China Glaze – Glistening snow for the silver but you can use any bright pink and silver you choose.  Or you could switch it and use completely different colours. 

1.      I started with 2 coats of each polish and left it to dry for a little while. 
2.      I then used the contrasting polish and my small dotting tool (you can use a toothpick, hairpin or anything else you can think of) to make the heart.  I do that by making a dot and then dragging it down at an angle.  Then I make a dot next to the first one (but not touching) and drag down at an angle  to meet the other piece.  The trick is not to press down too hard but rather to glide the polish down.  I then use the polish brush to make random dots in random order and random sizes. 
3.      I then use a black polish and either with a small dotting tool, striper, thin brush or toothpick, I make the c shape border around the dots and heart.  I prefer to border a larger part of the heart so that the shape stays obvious but the other dots you can do c shapes on 2 sides, a u shape or border it all the way around.  They don’t have to be perfect and they shouldn’t all look the same.  Real leopard spots are very random ;)
4.      Fill in any open spaces with black spots.  Add some topcoat and you’re done!


 You don’t have to include the heart or you can make them all hearts.  Whatever tickles your fancy.  One of the reasons why I love leopard print so much is because you can do it in any colour and incorporate it in many looks.  It really is so versatile. 

What do you think?  Will you be giving it a try? 
Thank you so much for having me Alice, and I really hope you like these and maybe even give it a try ;)

Thanks for reading!
Xoxo

M

Links
Blog: http://ordinarymisfit.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ordinary_Misfit
Instagram: http://instagram.com/ordinarymisfit


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for having me hun!! It's such a treat for me to be featured here!! smooches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)