Thursday, January 15, 2015

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Fig - Review

Cult products for me are either a very big hit or a sad depressing miss, because it literally takes about two months to get to me after I've ordered it. So it builds my hopes up really high to just have them shattered if I hate it, when I get it I either totally love it and get why the world sings its praises or I absolutely hate everything about it and wonder if the world has been smoking some really cheap drugs. Either way MOFO should seriously be classed as a legit disease and someone should come up with a cure or donate me a shit load of money!! When Melted Fig was released it was instantly a hit in the beauty world and no matter how many times I tried was always sold out online, the one good thing about being forgotten over here in South Africa is by the time we are able to snag one online everyone else already has it so there is no rush haha. I can however say that melted fig really is a hit and I get why its become a cult colour. 



What is Too Faced liquified lipstick:
The Too Faced melted liquified long wear lipstick has the shine of a gloss, lasting power of a stain and the intense pigmentation of a lipstick. It has a really creamy none sticky consistency, it is neither runny or watery in fact is pretty thick when squeezed through its tube applicator. The applicator is a angled sponge that allows for precise even application.



Product Review:
Like the review I did on the Melted Nude lipstick which you can read here, the Melted Fig tested just as well. This lipstick again did not feel like a gloss once applied, it did however not set matte like the nude and pretty much kept its satin look and feel throughout the time I wore it. I personally feel this suited the colour better. I would describe Melted Fig as a Raspberry Pink and has warm purpled pink undertones. It has a really creamy texture that makes it really comfortable to wear and doesn't dry your lips out. This shade also lasted about 2 to 3 hours on me but because of how dark the shade is and how intensely pigmented it is, it did leave my lips slightly stained once it wore off. 




Ive read that some people get 8-10 hours of wear out of it and good Lord I would pay to know how you got that right, 3 was my max while still acting like a normal person while wearing lipstick. I am so glade that the shades I got so far has been hits, I might get a few more with my next Ulta hauls.

I purchased this through Ulta at 21$ before tax

1 comment:

  1. I've been eyeing these melted lipsticks for what seems like forever! Everyone raves about them haha. Melted Fig looks super pretty!

    ☮ ♡ :) melli | mellivi.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)