Thursday, June 5, 2014

High end vs Drugstore Eye Liner


For the longest time I've been using the Chanel Youx Waterproof eyeliner in shade #10 (you can read my review here) its the only eye liner that hasn't given me any problems and that actually stays put for the entire day, but its quite expensive and not something I like wearing every day. I've been on the hunt for a drug store equivalent for some time now something that wont break bank but still gives the same results.


I present to you the Essence Long Lasting eye pencil in 01 Black fever. I picked this one up from both Dischem and Clicks for around R23.95 and I have been using it EVERYDAY for the last 3 to 4 months. As I've mentioned before, because I suffer from dry eyes I find it difficult to wear eye pencil that doesn't either make my eyes burn or it fades with in the first hour of me wearing it.

Essence on the left Chanel on the right

The essence pencil I can honestly say stands up to my Chanel pretty well. Its a really intense black and the colour intensity lasts all day. It is really smooth glides on really easily. It has a staying power of around 4 to 5 hours before it needs to be reapplied on my waterline, although its still very visible and intact along my lashes. It is a turn up pencil so allows for really precise application. It is really safe to use on sensitive eyes. This has become my everyday eyeliner and I can honestly say its a really good dupe for the Chanel.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :)