Tuesday, June 10, 2014

MAC Fan Fare Cremesheen Lipstick

Fan fare is part of the Cremesheen line and if you don't know the Cremesheen line is highly pigmented, it allows for medium to full build-able coverage and is described as having a high shine finish and is really creamy and moisturizing on application.


MAC describes this as a mid-tone yellow pink and although researching it didn't bring up to many results the over all description is a mid-tone pink with coral undertones and a high shine finish. I am starting to believe that lipsticks look different on everyone and yes I do know this has allot to do with the natural pigmentation of your lips. Every picture and photo I looked at this looks like a really soft salmon pink. On myself however the effect was the total opposite.


Fan fare on me is a bright but not quite neon coral, a colour I would not normally have reached for ever! But the SA insisted that I give it a go and when I did I instantly fell in love. It really is creamy and moisturizing on application and the colour last a good 3 to 4 hours on me even with drinking and eating. The other totally opposite #oddball result I experienced is that fan fare had a some what matte finish on me (it did still have a gloss but very minimal) where as everyone else described it as a high shine.


Even though I think it has a some what matte finish it isn't drying at all but if you do however have dry lips I would seriously recommend lip balm before application as it does settle and emphasize the dry areas. If your a lover of coral then I would definitely recommend this lipstick but my best advice as with any lipstick try it on in store first and see if the colour works for you before you purchase it.

Packaging is the same standard bullet style tube with the tight fitting lid which I love and adore. Retails for R185,00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :)